Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sisterly Love


I now watch my two much older daughter with their tiny little sister and see the love in their eyes for her, and in hers for them. They all literally adore one another. Never dawned on me, not once, that my little sister may have loved me that much. I know I loved her dearly and missed her dearly when I left home at the tender age of 18. It's not excuse, but I got pregnant, married, started setting up house, playing housewife and mommy, etc., and basically ignored my little sister figuring she was too busy crooning over some 80s version of a Backstreet Boy to give her much older sister any thought. I've since learned I was wrong (I keep learning that in life) I seem to learn more often than not that I'm wrong than I'm right..........anyhow, this is usually designated as a "romance" song, but every time I hear it, it reminds me of her and how much I still love and miss her.


Maybe I didn't love you

Quite as often as I could have

Maybe I didn't treat you

Quite as good as I should have

If I made you feel second best

Girl I'm sorry I was blind

You were always on my mind

You were always on my mind

Maybe I didn't hold you

All those lonely, lonely times

And I guess I never told you

I'm so happy that you're mine

Little things I should have said and done

I just never took the time

You were always on my mind

You were always on my


Words & Music by Willie Nelson (although I like the Elvis version too!)


I still am happy that you're mine, and you still are always on my mind. I hope I do a little better job now showing it than I used to.


Sistah Fatima (P.S. I know she's flipping out because I don't ever use the right copyright info in anything I use on the net - but I figure - what are they going to sue me for? My $5.46 savings account? Or my Pier One pillows? Bitch - I'll go to jail for those!) Anyway, the picture is cool and it's from Jeremy Sutton.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Dodo.

All I know is when I heard you were pregnant (I think I was 8) I cried and cried and cried and cried and bemoaned "BUT I AM HER BABY!" I hated Toad for a long time because of it.

Haven't I told you the theory of my therapist? That I bonded to you rather than Mum?

Fatima said...

Well, we did spend a hell of a lot more time together than you and mom did - that's for sure. She loved you dearly, but as with me too, she (they) were way too busy with their own drama/issues to pay attention to their kids' issues. That's why I took you everywhere and babysat for you at WAY too young of an age.