Saturday, April 21, 2007

On Being Normal (whatever that is...)


So, I've figured out that I'm frequently bored. Actually I've known that for some time. In fact my parents were told that by some psychologists/psychiatrists when I was a young child. Did I ever tell you that I skipped the 3rd grade? No? Well, I did. I don't say that to brag, it was just another boredom thing. My parents were told to keep me from getting bored. In fact, they did just quite the opposite.


Thus, to keep me unbored, I have drank, smoked, medicated, eaten, shopped, etc., all to fill some void and to keep me 'interested' in life I guess. I think I need to observe some normal people (surely there have to be 3 or 4 still in existence) to see exactly what it is they do with themselves every day. Hobbies? Knitting? Exercise? Clean house? Sudoku puzzles?


I will observe them, watch them, follow them, stalk them if I have to, in order to see what it is that fills a normal person's day. But we all know I won't do that. Eventually, they will bore me too. Oh well; time to go take a happy pill and study for a quiz in a class that, uh, bores me too. Perhaps knitting is the answer. It will keep my hands busy and I can give away my masterpieces as gifts to unsuspecting friends and relatives. I think my sister and my friend, Paula, would especially appreciate holiday sweaters this Christmas!


Bored Fatima

No comments: