Friday, April 27, 2007

Fatima's Book Club

Ok, so Fatima's Book Club it's not Oprah's book club, but screw her. I'm still young - I can start my own book club if I want to. Some of her suggestions have sucked anyway.

Now, I don't normally give advice (OK, well, I do, but I honestly try not to unless asked) - but I highly recommend buying the book "The Secret," by Rhonda Byrne. Yes, it's another "kinda" self-help book but of a different genre. It goes along with "so as a man (or woman) thinketh, so he is"- but it's not terribly religious in nature. Very good ideas, thoughts, examples. But it's not as pithy and "simple" as Norman Vincent Peale or Robert Schuller's "Positive Thinking"exercises of the 70s. Especially for those of us who are a little on the cynical, snide, depressed, negative side of life - it can provide new perspective. It's all based on the "law of attraction," and I don't mean sexual attraction, but rather that what we think about over and over, we attract - whether that's good (positive) or bad (negative).

I've actually tried some of the exercises/thoughts for the last 10 days or so with some pretty outstanding results. If nothing else, it's a fairly short book - not terribly expensive and wouldn't hurt to add to your library.

Fatima-the-Reader

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.