Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm Okay, You're Not So Okay

Okay, so I'm over at our friends' house tonight discussing crazy people - my favorite subject. He is a Physician's Assistant at the VA in Baltimore; she is a Colonel (Ph.D.). is the US Army having served two terms counseling PTSD folks at Abu Graihb (Sp?) and now works at Walter Reed Army Facility.

You know what? I'm not crazy at all. Not at fucking all. I have some quirks, some weaknesses, some OCD moments, even a little bi-polar shit going on, I have some depressive moments for no reason at all - but I. AM. NOT. CRAZY. Not according to these folks and the stories they tell about their patients. Oh. My. Their patients who rape, murder, torture, talk to themselves (out loud!), hurt themselves, eat their feces, etc.

I'm a fucking miracle to be alive. So, I have a few little wierdnesses.............who doesn't? And if they say they don't, I don't' believe them and don't trust them.

Like Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam says - oh, I, I, I'm still alive, yeah, I. I, I'm still alive.............

Rock on Eddie. All you other crazy fuckers made my day. However I still have compassion for you. Strong, serious compassion. And I hope that there either comes a day when you're either medicated properly, or you can somehow function in this society without bias and ridicule.

Normal Fatima

No comments: