Friday, March 30, 2007

I Cheated.



Even though I don't want to think like that anymore. I don't want to think there are good and bad foods. Foods aren't intrinsically good and/or evil. I can cheat on my husband but I'm not breaking any vows I took with an artichoke years ago if I slurp some pound cake milkshake. But still. I did the nasty. With food. But you must understand - there was a chocolate fountain and everything. If I could have only found a straw, I'd have had a place to sit all fucking afternoon!


This was all because one of my co-workers retired and there was a reception for her. Yes, there was fruit and cheese to choose from. It's not like I was in the "Abu Ghraib" room of our building strapped to a desk forced to eat mini-cheesecakes with a barking German Shepherd in front of me. But there may as well have been. So, did I make the good strawberry/cheese choice or the brownie/cake choice?

Cheatin' Fatima

No comments: