Thursday, May 17, 2007

Fatima's Not-So-Secret Crush


It's a given in our home that if any of the CSIs (Las Vegas, Miami or NY) are on - don't bother mom. Mom loves them all, but the original, as with most things in life, is by far the best. Nothing beats a good Gil Grissom mystery on ANY day.

And part of why I love the show so much is simply because of his character. I think I've developed one of those stupid 12 year old crushes. In my puberty days, we had crushes on David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman, Fonzie, etc. My oldest had a thing for awhile over Mr. Pitt, and my middle child's room was once covered in posters of Mr. Timberlake (barf-ola). I'll have to wait another decade to see who child #3 has crushes on.

But, you see - I'm 43 years old!!! I'm happily married - even though that saying is sometimes referred to as an oxymoron. I'm not supposed to still have crushes, am I?? But alas, I do. I'm still moving and breathing, and gleefully looking forward to tonight's double episode. God forbid I smell smoke, cuz I'll go down in the flames before I'll miss tonight's episodes.

Fatima-Loves-Gil

No comments: