Friday, February 9, 2007

Thank You Jeebus!!! I Do Believe!

Yankee Candle came through again making my day - which started out shitty (read previous post). So in the past I've told the kindly folks at YC about all my likes, dislikes, favorite scents, first time I had sex, first time I inhaled, my children's ages, husband's SSN, my real hair color, etc., so that they will know ALL about me and send me my favorite scented candles for my obsession.


I was anxiously (I do everything anxiously) awaiting the arrival of just ONE "Patchouli" candle, only to get a package tonight with a "sorry" explanatory letter proclaiming that they're deeply sorry they're out of Patchouli, but will I please accept two "Eucalyptus" candles instead? Accept them? Hell, I'd have slept with the delivery man had I been home when he delivered the glorious package. Two. Two Eucalyptus candles - which can only be bought on the Internet; they cannot be found in the stores anymore. I've had this explained to me several times with nice salesgirls offering me tissues while I cried, and my teenagers running in the other direction out of sheer disgust and embarrassment.


Nirvana has been reached this very day. One candle is currently burning in my L/R. One is burning next to my bed so that I can breathe better and watch Gil Grissom (my children's next step-father) on CSI all at the same time.


Hubby is on his way home, as we speak, with Chinese food (the kind I can eat on WW). And now all that would make my day complete would be for the doorbell to ring and for Willie Wonka and all of his chocolate goodness to be standing there offering me a chocolate bar and the golden ticket!


Fatima in Heaven

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's creepy. And his little Oompa Loompas too.

Fatima said...

He is God incarnate you fool. Seek counseling soon for your fear of the vertically-challenged. It will free you sistah!