Friday, February 9, 2007

Public Transportation - I think Not

I missed my 7:03 bus by approximately 32 seconds (bastard on-time bus driver); therefore had to sit in my car and wait for the 7:23 bus. Yay - it came on time. No problem, right? Wrong. There was a four-car accident somewhere on I-95 which caused me to get to work at 9:15 instead of 7:45. Thank God I at least brought a book to read.

I then walk my 3-1/2 blocks to work from the bus stop, almost getting hit by a driver who hasn't learned that little "pedestrians have the right of way" rule yet. He got the one-finger salute, but I'm sure he just laughed.


So just when I think it can't get worse, there's a traffic jam on Lombard St. (which means nothing to most of you) and the freaking Lightrail can't move on through the clogged intersection so the driver of the Lightrail starts in on his LOUD horn, over and over and over again. "Right, buddy, like that's going to make the jam somehow magically be able to move!" It's freezing cold, but I finally make it to work, only to realize I left my ID badge at my desk and don't have it to show the guard in my building. DANG!


My day can only go up from here........


Stupid Lightrail driver gave me a headache with his incessant honking!


Pissed Off Fatima in need of an Excedrin!!!

No comments: