Sunday, February 18, 2007

Bees & Mothers


Fatima''s been down for the count this past week between bouts of the flu, or something similar, and the snow storms. Fortunately, there's been lots of laziness and sleeping. However, there are times even sleep and rest get tiresome. Oh, the irony.


Anyway, Fatima always has books handy, so today I began and finished, Sue Monk Kidd's "The Secret Life of Bees." Amazing.


Toad - this is a must-read for you. It's a tear-jerker about mothers and daughters set in South Carolina. It's about the lack of love, the abundance of love, the feminine God/dess, and life's second chances. I will buy and send to you - the child of my youth.


P.S. Riley eats cheese just like you do. It's a wonder either of you have regular bowel movements; however, I won't further embarrass you on the Internet with talk of your BMs.


Your mommy and your little sisters miss you. But especially your mommy.


Mum Fatima

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But did you review the Book Club questions in the back? Because, how else could you discern the finer nuances of the story??

Fatima said...

Hell, I barely have enough time to read for pleasure let alone take some silly author's damn quiz when I'm through with her Novella. :)

Toadamus said...

Mum's sick... Toad has the homesickness. I had a dream about my Bean the other night. Don't remember anything 'cept I got to cuddle her! Erich and I were just commenting on her random slice of American cheese on her little Thanksgiving plate. We like to look at her pictures... Send more damnit! Love you, hope you feel better. Call me soon on yo gov'ment phone! Gotta tell you somethin'!