Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Recipes!!!

Okay folks - I'm not going to start my own web page just for recipes as there are so many great sites out there already - everything from Atkins to Weight Watchers, Vegan, Vegetarian, South Beach, and my favorite, which I mentioned before: www.allrecipes.com. Therefore, just send any and all recipes you want posted on this blog to: youngharv@comcast.net; I'll try to continually update and have a "Recipe" posting once a month. That way everyone can enjoy.


Hell one day, we can all take credit for a "Blog" based cookbook. Of course, I'll keep all the proceeds, but you'll be mentioned in the "Thank You" section.


Also, the recipes don't necessarily have to be low-fat or healthy, or Weight Watchers, etc., they can be anything. Let's face it, we all like to indulge periodically, and we all have holidays, birthdays and office parties to cook for. So, be creative - and please add drink recipes if you'd like as well. A couple years ago, my adult daughter and I made a spiked Apple Cider Punch for Thanksgiving which we got from one of the cooking shows on the Food Network. It tasted just like Apple Pie (until we tried to stand up!) We may have added just a tad more Rum than was necessary........I don't remember.....


I'll start us all off with a recipe that's sure to lower our cholesterol - and for those of us on the East Coast - it should help warm us up as well. Last Friday in Baltimore, it was 12 degrees on my way to work, with a wind-chill factor of 2 below!! This year I swear I'm lobbying Congress to let workers go home when the temperature dips below 32 degrees. I'll keep evryone posted as to their original replies! :)


Morning Glory Oatmeal Porridge
2 c. rolled oats, 2 ½ c. water, 1 c. fresh squeezed orange juice, ¼ tsp. each ground nutmeg and cinnamon, tiny pinch of sea salt, 6 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, 6 Tbsp. chopped nuts.
Place all ingredients except maple syrup and nuts in a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove from heat and let sit, covered for 2-5 minutes. Stir in maple syrup and top with nuts. Serve hot.
Fatima-Goldilocks

No comments: