Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I Got the Thursday Night Blues.....

Fatima is joining Weight Watchers on Thursday. I've tried it before but counting points wasn't my thing. Now, really, how lazy is THAT? And again, I became obsessed not only with the food I was eating but with the portions and all the damn points as well! "Oh, Dear Lord, I can't have this 1/2 bagel and waste 3 whole points!!!!" Stupid sentences like that became part of my life and I just found it ridiculous. However, it works for many so I'm not saying the program is stupid, it was just stupid for me at the time.

I've heard through some reliable sources (okay, only from my sister) that their new Core program would be something I would probably like. This is not an endorsement for WW - it's just something I'm going to try. I believe there's no point counting on the Core program. Hopefully not. I'm a Financial Analyst, and the way I see it is that I look at freaking numbers all day. The last thing I want to do in my personal life is deal with more numbers! Hell, I don't even balance my own checkbook. I have to think HARD to figure out a 15% tip at a restaurant.

Anyway, I'm just about all healed from my graceful fall last week. Still a few bruises to body and ego (!) but am ready to go back to exercising. So, between the WW Core program and some weights and Yoga - I just might lose a pound or three.

Think good Karma thoughts for Fatima!!! Peace.

P.S. As for the cartoon below, that's what I plan on doing every time I have to weigh in. It's gonna take me half an hour just to get ready to weigh in. Off will come any jewelry, hair clips, tampons, shoes, hell I might even take off my makeup if I think it will help!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are correct about the Core program & not having to count points. I did WW this summer & it was a big help, but I got tired of counting the friggin' points (I know, I'm totally lazy).

Good luck! Let me know how it goes.