Friday, December 29, 2006

Margaret Cho is my Hero

Her blog is hilarious, well okay not all the belly dancing shit - I can live without that. But it is probably really good exercise.

You should all read: http://www.margaretcho.com/blog/fuckitdiet.htm

This may be one of the funniest, truest and deepest posts I've read in ages. Many years ago I had a friend tell me that her therapist told her that when she found herself obsessing over something/someone, just run with it. Obsess over it/him/her until you simply can't anymore. You end up sick of them; you are tired of thinking about them, tired of stalking them, tired of planning things with/for them - in fact you are just truly ill when you think about them. I would imagine that the obsession itself is simply exhausting - not to mention that the object of our obsessions is never worth it in the first place.

This is what the "Fuck It" Diet is all about. I'm willing to give it a try.

Peace! And thanks Margaret!

Fatima

No comments: